Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 3 and 4

Day 3:
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but once I got in to Mt. Shasta, I was exhausted and ready for bed. So the drive into Mt. Shasta was nice. Once I got into California, I was in the mountains the rest of the drive. My mom had called and asked if I was in the mountains yet and I jokingly said I thought I was in the mountains since I got into New Mexico, but oh was I wrong... once I got off the phone with her I then was in the mountains and there was no mistaking the difference! Long windy roads up and down the mountains with no cell phone service. Once again I could only think what would happen if I needed to call someone?!?! But I made it to my new home for 3 months. It is a cute little house that me and Abby love! Here are some pics from the drive and of the house.








Day 4:
I got up this morning to go explore and try to find  a donut shop for breakfast. I started to drive and figured out pretty quickly that I am in the mountains and there are no donut shops lol. I spent all morning trying to find something familiar. Such as a grocery store, nail shop, etc. Well there are no "normal" things in Mt. Shasta. I decided to drive an hour to Redding, CA to go shopping for some clothes for work. Once I got there I felt like I was back in my kind of "normal". There was Bed Bath and Beyond, Dicks Sporting Goods, Kohls, Macys and a mall! I did some errands and got some groceries that could probably last me a few weeks, knowing I have to drive an hour to get groceries, that aren't organic! Well my first day at work is tomorrow and I am excited! I am 2 min from work, which is great! I am going to try and blog every Sunday unless something cool comes up and then it will be sooner. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment