Saturday, June 21, 2014

First week in Hilo!

Well my time in Hawaii is going good so far! The first week of work went well. The majority of the rehab staff are all travelers as well. The first day was orientation type stuff and then by day 2 we were treating patients, starting with 2-3 people and now our caseload is about 6-7 at this point, which is full caseload. I am learning a lot being in a new setting but I am enjoying it so far! On the weekend, Erin and I went to Richardsons beach and laid out and enjoyed watching the people in the water. We were told that this is the beach that has huge turtles that you can see on the edge and swim with if you get in the water. We did not get in the water, but we did go to the edge and take some pictures of the huge turtles!
 After being at the beach, we decided to go eat at Ken's House of Pancakes, which everyone has told us about. One of the island favorites is called a Loco Moco. That is the one in the picture with the egg on top. It is rice, a hamburger patty, grilled onions, gravy and an egg on top. You can get a Sumo Loco Moco at Ken's and if you do, then they hit a gong and everyone in the restaurant says "Sumo!" Me and Erin chimed in and yelled Sumo a few times, it was fun! Erin ordered the Loco Moco and I ordered the fried noodles with spam. Spam is huge here in Hawaii and I am glad, because I like spam! I wasn't quite sure how it would taste, but it was actually pretty good!
 

 
 
Sunday we decided that we were going to go get our nails done and then go to the movies. Here is a picture of my nails! I absolutely love them! We went and saw 22 Jump Street and got some popcorn, candy and nachos. The movie was funny and we had a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment